pfSense notifications with Sendgrid
To have your pfSense device send you email notifications, you can configure it like so:
1. Create yourself a Sendgrid account on sendgrid.com
2. In pfSense (I currently use version 2.2.6), go to:
System > Advanced > Notifications (tab)
3. Set up the 'SMTP E-Mail' section as follows:
- E-Mail server: smtp.sendgrid.net
- SMTP Port of E-Mail server: 465
- Secure SMTP Connection: check the box entitled: 'Enable SMTP over SSL/TLS'
- Put whatever you want and need in the field 'From e-mail address'
- Notification E-Mail address: This is the address the notifications emails should be sent to
- Your Sendgrid credentials are to go to the fields: 'Notification E-Mail auth username (optional)' and 'Notification E-Mail auth password'
- Notification E-Mail auth mechanism: PLAIN